REEL NEW MEXICO INDEPENDENT FILM SERIES
MISSION: SHINING A SPOTLIGHT ON NEW MEXICO FILMS
- Reel New Mexico brings films with a New Mexico connection to New Mexico audiences.
- We provide a venue for local filmmakers, actors, writers, and industry insiders to screen their work.
- Our venue, The Performance Space at La Tienda, in Eldorado, enables us to present these films on state-of-the-art audio and DVD equipment.
- We accept for consideration and present narrative, documentary and experimental short and feature-length films.
- Following each program, filmmakers will discuss their work and answer questions.
- Audience members can opt for “Dinner and a Movie” – food selections are available at adjoining La Plancha restaurant.
Started by film enthusiasts and professional filmmakers, the Reel New Mexico Independent Film Series (RNMIFS) celebrates local cinema and invites audiences to join the celebration. RNMIFS has been formed to expand awareness of film projects involving people inNew Mexico. The series is planned as a monthly screening of films, followed by audience forums with producers, writers and others involved in their production. The Board of RNMIFS is comprised of film enthusiasts who wish to promote filmmaking and viewing and to connect filmmakers with new audiences and with each other.
A great venue, The Performance Space in La Tienda, is available in Eldorado, ten miles south ofSanta Fe. The films are shown at no cost to the filmmakers and for a nominal suggested audience admission or membership. Films are selected by the Board from submissions to RNMIFS. All film genres and lengths up to 90 minutes are eligible for submission, including films that are viewable but unfinished.